- The regime’s plots to violently and bloodily suppress the protest movement of the frustrated people must be prevented through an organised struggle and united action.
- We strongly oppose any kind of foreign intervention in Iran and believe that the right-wing and racist leaderships of Donald Trump, Benjamin Netanyahu and the criminal and reactionary regime of Saudi Arabia, are no friends to the people of Iran and certainly do not strive for freedom, independence and social justice in our homeland.
- We condemn the deliberate and purposeful attempts of the mass media of imperialist states, as well as the propaganda and news outlets of the Iranian regime, to misrepresent the democratic, patriotic and virtuous characteristic of the current protest movement in Iran
- The way to save Iran is not to replace one dictatorial regime with another kind of dictatorship and tyranny. Our people are striving for a national, popular and democratic republic
- The struggle to reject the dictatorial regime of the Supreme Religious Leader in Iran should be progressed with careful organisation. The broad participation of manifold social layers – and particularly the workers and working people – in this struggle, in paralysing the ruling apparatus, would be a decisive factor in forcing the regime to retreat.
Despite all the repressive attempts of the regime to silence the voice of protests, your heroic struggle against the ruling dictatorship has continued for the sixth day. Despite the scores of people killed and injured – and the hundreds who have been arrested by the security forces of the regime – you have proved that you will no longer put up with the circumstances imposed by the ruling dark-minded regime. The regime leaders, from Ali Khamenei and Hassan Rouhani to Larijani, while claiming that they hear the clear voice of discontent and protest emanating from the overwhelming majority of the nation – regarding the terrible socio-economic conditions, extensive poverty and marginalization, and lack of a bright future for the young generation (the blame for which lays squarely with these leaders and the entire Islamic regime) is responsible for – accuse the people of being foreign agents and threaten them with suppression unless they leave the scene of struggle.
The received reports indicate the comprehensive planning and preparation of the regime to widely and brutally suppress the protesting people in various cities of the country. The massive dispatch of anti-riot forces of the Guards Corps to various cities – including the military occupation of some parts of Tehran and the larger cities – and the disrupting of communications, including the heavy filtering and even shutting down of some social networks, are tantamount to the imposing of martial law in order to take control of the situation and to crush the protest movement of the people. Regime agents are looting public places and resorting to violence in order to divert the movement towards its bloody countering and, by doing so, detach the majority of the frustrated masses from the body of the protests, forcing people to turn against each other, ultimately leading to the crushing of the protest movement of the people – which otherwise spreads day by day to more and more towns and cities across the land.
We deeply believe – and reiterate here – that the hypocritical support of such racist reactionaries as Trump; his Vice President; some of the most right-wing forces of the US Republican Party; Netanyahu, the prime minister of the corrupt and anti-people government of Israel; and, long with the support of the criminal and reactionary regime of Saudi Arabia, for the struggle of the people of our nation, is not because of their belief in the need to improve the situation in our country or for the realisation of the people’s demands for freedom, democracy, and justice in Iran. Instead, its sole purpose is to destabilise the situation in the Middle East region and the Persian Gulf area in accordance with their strategic interests. The support of these anti-people governments for likewise reactionary forces, such as the monarchists or those who have already “elected” a President and government for our people and who have repeatedly asked for foreign military intervention in Iran, is an indication of the dangerous game that is seriously threatening the movement for freedom in our nation and will serve only to help the regional reaction and the plots of the suppressive forces inside Iran.
The experience of the protest movement of the masses in recent days has also underlined the complete bankruptcy and lack of credibility of those who claimed to be pro-reform in Iran. The co-accord of these political bankrupts with the screams of individuals like Sadegh Larijani (Speaker of Parliament) and Hossein Shariatmadari (who runs the conservative Kayhan daily newspaper, the voice of the Supreme Leader) to “identify and crush [the protesters]” also indicates the end of the political life and social credibility of those forces that, under the guise of reformism, have persuaded our people for years to accept the Islamic regime and that their choice is limited to between “bad and worse”.
Once again, we reiterate, the only way to confront and defeat the designs and plots of the regime is through a united action, organised struggle and joint movement of all social layers – from the workers and working people to the brave youth, students and women of the nation – and through the preparing of nationwide strikes and the paralysing of any possibilities the regime has to survive.
The Tudeh Party of Iran once again state that Tudeh members and sympathisers consider themselves as an inseparable part of your protests against the continuation of the despotic regime. We call upon all freedom-loving and progressive forces of the nation, workers, working people, militant students, youth and women of the nation to gather in a united anti-dictatorship front for:
· Rejecting the Supreme Leadership Regime and the rule of clergy over our nation, and to put an end to the despotic regime,
· The unconditional and immediate release of all political prisoners,
· Putting an end to the poverty, marginalisation, high prices, economic hardship, corruption, and oppression of the ruling regime,
· Putting a stop to the atmosphere of repression and suppression and the returning of all suppressive forces to their garrisons,
· Transition to establish a national and democratic regime and for the people to determine their own destiny,
in order to prepare for organizing the nationwide and great movement of the people by choosing appropriate slogans.
The regime should not be allowed to divide the broad protest movement of the masses from its social base, derail the movement towards violence and crush the growing movement of the people by violent and brutal suppression so that they might become dissuaded in continuing the struggle.
Victory to the united struggle of the people of Iran against the ruling dictatorial regime!
The Central Committee of the Tudeh Party of Iran
02 January 2018