With the addition of John Bolton and Mike Pompeo to Donald Trump’s cabinet, a whole range of threats by the US against our country are set to intensify. John Bolton is a warmongering right-wing hawk who during the past two decades has continually advocated military action against Iran with the aim of implementing "regime change". John Bolton's job as the National Security Advisor will be to assess and provide political and military options to the US President. He was one of the chief architects of the attack on and invasion of Iraq during the presidency of George W. Bush and his neo-conservative administration.
The Tudeh Party of Iran strongly condemns the pre-planned military strike by the aforementioned imperialist countries on Syria in the early morning of Saturday 14 April 2018 and considers it to have been an open and flagrant violation of international law and the United Nations Charter. The attack was carried out despite the dispatch of an investigation team commissioned by the secretariat of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) which had been scheduled to begin its investigation of the alleged chemical attack in Douma, near Damascus, and the identity of its main perpetrators today - Saturday 14 April 2018.
The abjection of the theocratic regime of Iran and the heroic struggle of the Iranian women against the ruling despotism
The raid by the thugs and security forces of the despotic regime on the peaceful demonstration of the tireless women campaigners for equality in front of the Ministry of Labour on Thursday 8th March, International Women’s Day, once again revealed the inhumane and misogynist nature of the reactionary theocratic regime before the public opinion of our nation and the world.
According to reports published in the media, on the ninth day of the organised and united strike by workers of the National Iranian Steel Company in Ahvaz (NISCO) and on the day of their protest march through the streets of Ahvaz, the provincial capital of Khuzestan, officers from the security forces and the police intelligence unit raided many of the workers’ homes overnight and arrested more than 9 striking workers and transferred them to prison.
· Greetings to the workers of the National Steel Company in the city of Ahvaz, in their heroic and steadfast struggle, and all the workers and working people of the nation!
· The Supreme Leader of the theocratic regime should be reminded that the definition of anti-revolutionary is clear. It is the force that diverted the revolution from the path of its core slogans for freedom, sovereignty and social justice, and which has imposed the rule of a medieval and despotic theocratic regime on the nation.
The Plenum of the Central Committee of the Tudeh Party of Iran had before it the report of political developments in Sudan in recent weeks - in particular the protests of the Sudanese people and toilers in opposition to the destructive economic policies of the ruling dictatorial regime, the violent onslaught on the Sudanese Communist Party by the security forces and the arrest of leaders and cadres of the fraternal SCP. The meeting of the Central Committee of the Tudeh Party of Iran called for the immediate and unconditional release of all political prisoners and, in particular, the Political Secretary of the Sudanese Communist Party, Comrade Muhamed Mukhtar al-Khatib, and other members of the Politburo and the Central Committee of the party - as well as all those who, in recent days, have been arrested in the wave of protests against living and economic hardship.
The Communist and Workers’ parties that sign this statement have followed with concern the recent developments in Iran where tens of thousands of people in many towns and cities across Iran protested against the policies of the autocratic regime.
The World Federation of Democratic Youth express its solidarity and support to the youth, students and people of Iran that are currently in front of repression, violence and oppression by the police and the paramilitaries of their country.
A broad campaign must be organised for the release of hundreds of students, working people and freedom fighters in Iran who have been detained by the repressive forces in recent days.
As anticipated, the anti-people and dictatorial theocratic regime of Iran have proceeded to deploy large squads of the Guards Corps, Basij militia and the mercenaries of the security forces to violently repress the protest movement of the youth and working people of our nation. As has been the case in recent years, the response of the heads of the dictatorial regime to the people - who are frustrated by the poverty, deprivation, oppression, corruption and lack of freedom - is to accuse them of association with foreign powers and then fire at and detain them. According to the latest reports received, more than 1500 protesters have been arrested by the security forces of the despotic regime, hundreds have been injured and tens of people have lost their lives during the protests. Yet the popular protests continue across the nation. Tens of militant and freedom-loving students are among the detainees.
soL News (The International publication of the Turkish Communist Party) interviewed Comrade Mohammad Omidvar, member of the Politburo and Spokesperson of the CC of the Tudeh Party of Iran, which has operated as an underground communist organization following the Islamic revolution of 1979, regarding the recent protests in Iran. The demonstrations started in response to a surge in fuel and food prices in the country, as well as unemployment and inflation. At least 20 people have reportedly been killed during the protests. Omidvar says that the progressive and democratic forces of Iran must increase their presence in the protest movement of the masses against the reactionary forces, supported by the U.S., Israel and Saudi Arabia, which attempt to hijack the people's struggle for freedom, democracy and social justice.
- The regime’s plots to violently and bloodily suppress the protest movement of the frustrated people must be prevented through an organised struggle and united action.
- We strongly oppose any kind of foreign intervention in Iran and believe that the right-wing and racist leaderships of Donald Trump, Benjamin Netanyahu and the criminal and reactionary regime of Saudi Arabia, are no friends to the people of Iran and certainly do not strive for freedom, independence and social justice in our homeland.
- We condemn the deliberate and purposeful attempts of the mass media of imperialist states, as well as the propaganda and news outlets of the Iranian regime, to misrepresent the democratic, patriotic and virtuous characteristic of the current protest movement in Iran
- The way to save Iran is not to replace one dictatorial regime with another kind of dictatorship and tyranny. Our people are striving for a national, popular and democratic republic
- The struggle to reject the dictatorial regime of the Supreme Religious Leader in Iran should be progressed with careful organisation. The broad participation of manifold social layers - and particularly the workers and working people - in this struggle, in paralysing the ruling apparatus, would be a decisive factor in forcing the regime to retreat.
- The broad protest movement of the masses against the dictatorial regime of Iran must be expanded and organised through progressive and national slogans, towards the developing of a united action of various social strata; from the workers and working people to the militant youth, student and women.
- The Tudeh Party of Iran strongly condemns the brutal suppression of the popular protests by the repressive forces of the regime.
- The Tudeh Party of Iran, its membership and sympathisers fight alongside the militant people of Iran to abolish tyranny and establish freedom, peace, sovereignty and social justice.
- The Iranian regime intends to violently drag down the protest movement of the masses and brutally suppress it, just as in 2009
The politico-economic crisis of the bankrupt theocratic regime of Iran is growing and deepening daily. The impact of this crisis can be observed in the internal regime conflicts and the unprecedented revelations of infighting between powerful factions - revealing the depth of corruption and oppression that prevails in the so-called “exemplary system of the world”.
As had been expected for months, Donald Trump, the US President, announced in a speech on Friday 13 October his administration’s new strategic approach towards the Islamic Republic of Iran. Although Donald Trump was expected to address the issue of Iran's compliance under the JCPOA nuclear deal - that was signed between Iran and the 5+1 countries in July 2015 - his words in fact comprehensively redefined the new strategy of the United States in terms of its future of relations with Iran, the balance of power in the Middle East, as well as how the United States will interact with the world including its European allies.